Unlocking Leadership Continues
Unlocking Leadership Potential (ULP) began in 2016 with 29 face to face conversations that were held across NSW for Central Council members along with other leaders and potential leaders. Each Central Council hosted three Conversations’ sessions between April and December to provide a forum for participants to share knowledge, experiences, and concerns and increase their support and engagement with one another.
Pictured above: ULP session with Members in Dubbo
2016 Program Participation
• Over 120 members participated in the program which explored nine topics (three topics per session) and each were given a Leadership Resource Kit.
See the kit here
• 45 out of 55 Regional Council Presidents attended at least one of the sessions. This is an over 80% participation rate.
• The self-assessments and reflective exercises highlighted participants’ strengths as well as identifying areas for development.
Building on the Foundation: 2017 goals
The State Council appointed a group of Council Presidents to collaborate with the State Support Office Membership Services team to further develop the Unlocking Leadership Potential initiatives. This consultation workgroup aims to widen and deepen its impact through a suite of strategies to continue leadership growth and development. These are its 2017 goals:
1. Encourage Conferences and Regional Councils to undertake an Annual Review and Planning session. Resources have been distributed to Central Councils to forward to Regional Councils and Conferences and are available here:
• Conference Annual Review
• Regional Council Annual Review
2. ULP Participants continue to develop as leaders and share their learning and relevant resources with others. To achieve this, brief tips and ideas for practical use of the resources in the Leadership Kit will be shared on this microsite.
See Volumes 1, 2 and 3 of Practical Tips on the side of this page
3. More leaders have the opportunity to gain new skills, reflect on their strengths and areas for development, and engage in mutual learning with their peers.
4. Regional Council Presidents participate in all three phases of the program.
Three Leadership Conversations sessions will be offered at the State Support Office in 2017 for those Regional Council Presidents not able to attend all 3 sessions in 2016 and for new Regional Council Presidents.
Anyone else who would like to attend is welcome; Presidents are encouraged to invite other members.
You may join the any session, as sequential attendance is not required.
Unlocking Leadership Conversations will be held on these dates from 9.30 am – 3pm
– Phase 1 Saturday 22 April
– Phase 2 Friday 2 June
– Phase 3 Saturday 28 October
Please contact Kate Scholl at least 10 days prior to the start of program to book a place.
5. We are also planning a one day Leadership Program and Resource Kit for Conference Presidents and other interested people.