EMERGENCY RELIEF ASSISTANCE
Need emergency relief assistance? We can help – click below
https://www.vinnies.org.au/findhelp#!nsw or call 13 18 12
Vinnies provide emergency relief assistance to people aged 18 and above who are unable to meet their basic needs due to financial hardship or crisis. Our members, volunteers and employees are available to assist anyone in need of assistance.
Emergency relief assistance may be material or non-material. Material assistance includes physical goods or financial support to pay bills. Non-material assistance includes advice, information or referrals to other services within or outside Vinnies.
Examples of items that we can assist people with are:
- Short-term accommodation (e.g. for victims of domestic violence, people at risk of homelessness or who are homeless)
- Food parcels, store gift cards and food vouchers
- Health care assistance (e.g. payment of medical bills and/or chemist vouchers for medication)
- Transport assistance (e.g. bus, train, fuel vouchers)
- Material goods (e.g. non-food assistance such as clothing, bedding, household items)
- Utility bills (e.g. gas cylinder refills, water)– For assistance with gas and electricity bills, click here: www.energysaver.nsw.gov.au/media/1331/download