Parramatta Central Council
About Parramatta Central Council.
Anne Stanfield – Central Council President:
Anne has been a member of the Society for about 26 years as a member of Harris Park and now Winston Hills Conferences – the Vinnies Catholic parish based groups. She is a Vinnies Van reserve so goes out several times a year. Anne is currently Parramatta Central Council President, a trustee of the Society NSW, a member of the board of SVDP (NSW) and the board of SVDP Housing NSW– she feels privileged to have the opportunity to serve our community as a part of Vinnies in a number of ways.
Regional Councils and Conferences:
- Blackheath Sacred Heart – Conference President Karen Hayward
- Emu Plains Our Lady of the Way – Conference President Barry Harris
- Glenbrook St Finbar’s – Conference President Garry Pursehouse
- Katoomba Mary Mackillop – Conference President Andrzej Giesajtis
- Lawson Our Lady of the Nativity – Conference President Theresa Burgheim
- Springwood St Thomas Aquinas – Conference President Margaret Smith
- Greystanes – Conference President Michael Kukla
- Harris Park Our Lady of Lebanon – Conference President Kim Moussa
- Parramatta St Patrick’s – Conference President Graham Cook
- Rydalmere Holy Name of Mary – Conference President Ron Della Vedova
- Wentworthville Our Lady of Mt Carmel – Conference President Carmel Ruddy
- Westmead Sacred Heart – Conference President John Chandran
- Cranebrook Corpus Christi – Conference President Greg Hall
- Emerton Holy Family – Conference President Georg Eberl
- Glenmore Park Padre Pio – Conference President Mary Marsh
- Kingswood St Joseph’s – Conference President Jim Warburton
- Penrith St Nicholas – Conference President Brian Brainwood
- Richmond St Monica’s – Conference President Peter Humphrey
- St Clair Holy Spirit – Conference President Sina Carvalho
- St Marys Our Lady of the Rosary – Conference President Leon Ross
- Warragamba Sacred Heart – Conference President Anthony Sciberras
- Blacktown Mary, Queen of the Family – Conference President Deborah Squire
- Lalor Park St Bernadette’s – Conference President Kevin Sloane
- Marayong St Andrew’s – Conference President Samuel P Cassar
- Plumpton – Conference President Acting/ Anne Miller
- Riverstone St John’s – Conference President Suzanne McJennett
- Rooty Hill St Aidan’s – Conference President Alan Ruff
- Seven Hills Our Lady of Lourdes – Conference President Reno Abela
- Toongabbie St Anthony’s – Conference President Paul Sinclair
- Baulkham Hills South Our Lady of Lourdes – Conference President Larry Hegarty
- Baulkham Hills St Michael’s – Conference President Gary Grills
- Castle Hill St Bernadette’s – Conference President Geoff Roney
- Kellyville Our Lady of the Rosary – Conference President Rocco Bombardiere
- North Parramatta St Monica’s – Conference President Peter Handcock
- North Rocks Christ the King – Conference President Rosemary Wickham
- Glenwood/Stanhope Gardens Bl John XXIII – Conference President Bernard Louis
- Winston Hills St Paul the Apostle – Conference President Bryan Flaherty
Central Council Events
NSW Vinnies Community Sleepout – Event Update
The annual Western Sydney Vinnies Community Sleepout is going ahead but it will be a little different this year. We’re going virtual!
On Friday 23 October, participants across NSW will unite in a state wide effort to raise important funds and awareness for those in our local community who need it the most. This year, participants will choose from a number of locations across NSW to support local Vinnies services and programs in that region. Sleepers will nominate a sleeping option – your car, your backyard or couch – connecting you to some of the realities people face when times are tough. Tune in to the event’s live stream and let’s come together on one night in solidarity to make a difference in your patch of NSW.
2GB and Channel 9 presenter, Deb Knight has agreed to be our host for the state wide live stream of the our virtual NSW Vinnies Community Sleepout.
Deb co hosted the CEO Sleepout in Sydney last year. She did a wonderful job, we had great feedback from participants so we’re very excited to have her support once again with the Community Sleepouts.
Click here to find your event location and connect with fellow sleepers across the state via the event’s live stream on the night. Register as a team with your family, sports club or business or join as an individual. Together, we can make a difference in your patch of NSW.
To join or donate visit www.vinnies.org.au/communitysleepout
Central Council News
The Bartlett Street Engagement Project came about as an initiative between between PCC, Amelie Housing, and Rydalmere Conference. The aim was to engage with the residents in order to have them communicate, share ideas and develop community spirit.
To date Rydalmere Conference have held 19 sausage sizzles, 7 hot dog days, one Christmas Dinner, total of 26 events. It was perplexing to find that some residents watched from a far for some 10-15 gatherings before they had the confidence and trust to join the group.
What a Christmas Dinner you may say!
Yes this was our year’s grand finale before a break over Christmas and New Year; members felt that residents deserved a special and memorable end to the 2019 activity. This Christmas lunch was held on Monday 18th November and it was a full sit down affair with decorated tables, bon- bons, party hats. A veritable feast!
About 35 residents enjoyed their Christmas dinner with plenty of food being available for seconds. Each resident was given a gift bag contained various items of personal hygiene/grooming, calendar ,along with a generous amount of baked treaties ( thanks to some new volunteers!) Dr Geoff Lee State Member for Parramatta (Minister for Skills & Education ) joined the party and announced that our application for a grant for a Community Garden for Bartlett Street was approved by the Premier.
Rydalmere conference members are chuffed by the level of appreciation expressed by the residents and their willingness to continue to walk down this path of mutual respect and understanding. They feel that at last people do care for them.
As many members know Vinnies via SVDP Housing is building 502 social and affordable housing units in NSW under the SAFH program with NSW government.
300 are in Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains; the Penrith units have had residents for 12 months now.
The Merrylands development on Centenary Rd is now full.
The Blue Mountains and Jordan Springs properties are nearing completion.
On 5th December members of the Cumberland Regional Council, housing officers, and tailored support staff had a tour of the site. It’s still a building site but everyone was excited by the look and fitout of the units we visited.
There are 78 , 1,2,and 3 bedrooms units with great kitchens, secure access, ceiling fans, window screens, etc. The gardens, BBQ play area and other amenities will give residents plenty of out door space to help build a community. All residents will have access to a tailored support plan.
Ideally conference members will be able to help build the community.
Do conferences have an opportunity to refer people they assist to be interviewed for residency?
Yes but all prospective residents MUST be on the housing waiting list.
More information will be circulated about referral to conferences soon.
Central Council videos and resources
- Parramatta Central Council Conferences video
- Parramatta Central Council Community Hubs video
- Western Sydney Vinnies Van