Cultural Competency Framework
The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW’s vision for reconciliation is for a just and equitable society.
We are acutely aware that many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples experience discrimination and disadvantage at levels that cause great sorrow and shame to many Australians. Our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) pledges to deliver reconciliation actions aimed at closing social and economic gaps in order to make a substantial difference in the lives of the people we engage, employ or assist.
Our RAP has three priority areas: Relationships, Respect, and Opportunities. To find out more about our reconciliation efforts, or to get involved, you can:
- Download a copy of our Reconciliation Action Plan
- Refer to our Cultural Protocol, developed to assist Society people to work in ways that respect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and practices.
- Read about Welcomes and Acknowledgements, and download a print-friendly version of our Acknowledgement of Country – Prayer of Acknowledgement.
- Download a print-friendly list of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Significant Dates.
- Complete an introductory course on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Inclusion and Cultural Safety via our Learning Management System.
- Download a copy of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Recruitment and Retention Strategy
For further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org