Lismore Central Council
About Lismore Central Council.
Gail Gaudron – Central Council President:
Regional Councils and Conferences:
- Grafton St Mary’s – Conference President David Byrnes
- Maclean St Mary’s – Conference President Joseph Feeney
- Yamba St James’s – Conference President Alan Schofield
- Kempsey All Saints – Conference President Dorothy Bradford
- Lake Cathie St Mary’s Star of the Sea – Conference President Carol Bennett
- Laurieton St Matthew’s – Conference President Thomas Critchley
- Port Macquarie St Agnes’s – Conference President Christine Coorey
- Wauchope Our Lady of Lourdes – Conference President TBA
- Bellingen Mary Immaculate – Conference President Gabriele Curwood
- Coffs Harbour St Augustine’s – Conference President Leon Walsh
- Dorrigo Sacred Heart – Conference President Amanda Steinhardt
- Macksville St Patrick’s – Conference President Susan Nebauer
- Sawtell Our Lady Help of Christians – Conference President Pat Winters
- Urunga St Joseph’s – Conference President Ruth Dooley
- Woolgoolga St Louise’s – Conference President Raymond Rincheval
- Alstonville Our Lady of the Rosary – Conference President Margaret Loker
- Ballina St Francis Xavier – Conference President TBA
- Casino St Mary’s – Conference President Shirley Murphy
- Casino St Therese’s – Conference President Gwenda Nipperess
- Evans Head St John’s – Conference President Paul Muldoon
- Kyogle St Coleman’s – Conference President Peter Kelly
- Lismore St Carthage’s – Conference President Suzanne Nichols
- Brunswick Heads Our Lady of Lourdes – Conference President Mary (Veronica) Bellenger
- Byron Bay St Finbarr’s – Conference President Robyn McIntyre
- Kingscliff St Anthony’s – Conference President TBA
- Mullumbimby St John’s – Conference President Silvana Smith
- Murwillumbah Mary MacKillop – Conference President Patricia Yabsley
- Tweed Heads St Joseph’s – Conference President June Noblet
Central Council Events
Central Council News
OPERATION BACKPACK 2021
LISMORE CENTRAL COUNCIL
Vinnies representatives Gail Gaudron and Pauline Buckland (front) and Maria Miller (centre) joined Lismore Shopping Square staff Steve and Sarah, and Lismore Deputy Mayor Neil Marks for the launch of this year’s Operation Backpack on 6 January 2021. Gail is the Lismore Central Council President. Pauline and Maria belong to the local St Carthage’s Conference in Lismore.
In the lead-up to first term 2021, the St Vincent de Paul Society and the Lismore Shopping Square have partnered to help families with primary school aged children receive essential back-to-school supplies.
Previously shoppers have donated backpacks and stationery items, however due to COVID-19, shoppers have been asked to make financial donations for the purchase of school supplies such as stationery, uniforms and backpacks.
At a time when so many families are facing financial stress, coupled with the reduction of the JobSeeker support, helping reduce the costs of back-to-school expenses will be critically helpful for families in need.
Local Conference members and staff are in close touch with local families and primary schools in areas of identified need.
Local media were invited to attend the launch. Click on the link to see the local television station’s story. https://www.nbnnews.com.au/2021/01/06/lismores-operation-backpack-returns-as-cost-of-school-basics-climbs/
Central Council Initiatives
Gail Gaudron, Lismore Central Council (LCC) President, provided an opportunity for the LCC members to learn more about Vinnies No Interest Loans from the Membership Programs Team on 11 November 2020. Members learned how people they assist may benefit from the Vinnies No Interest Loans and gain access to many goods and services that they would otherwise have difficulty getting.
Cecily Foley shared an interesting story about a young student from TAFE who borrowed from a payday lender and ended up paying double the amount of a pair of glasses. The young student needed to replace her glasses urgently which cost $110, she borrowed it from a pay day loan and two weeks later it cost her $220 to repay. This is an example of where Vinnies Conference members could help vulnerable people in our society by referring them to 1800 484 664 NILS service centre or by advising clients to e-mail NILS@vinnies.org.au.
Regional Council Presidents will share with their conferences information on the Vinnies No Interest Loans and they will be supported by the Vinnies No Interest Loans team.
In the photo are (from left to right): Claire Van Doorn- Regional Director for North East Region, Gail Gaudron- Central Council President and the Regional Council leader Paul Edgar, ED of Membership Volunteers and Regional Operations- Ray Mouwad, Justin Walsh the new Executive Officer for Membership Volunteers and Regional Operations, Cecily Foley, Gabi Curwood, Mike Reynolds, Greg Ryan, Marte Tagle the Membership Programs Manager, Mick Albany, Rosie Leo- the new Member and Community Engagement Officer for Lismore and Pauline Shay.