05 May 2022
With the easing of restrictions recently, we are moving into a new stage in our COVID-19 response.
Household and close contacts
Household and close contacts of people who have COVID are no longer required to isolate for 7 days.
If you are a household or close contact, you must seek approval before attending a Vinnies site or undertaking Vinnies work. If you are permitted to attend you must take the following action for 7 days from your household member or close contact testing positive:
- wear a face mask in indoor work settings (a P2 mask if available)
- undertake a RAT prior to attending work each day
- avoid contact with elderly and immunocompromised persons where possible
- do not visit aged care, hospitals, disability, and correctional facilities unless a special exemption applies.
Returning to work after contracting COVID-19
- If you are returning after contracting COVID-19, it is no longer required that you have a RAT test prior to your return to work.
- However, please remember that you must self-isolate until Day 7 from the day on which you tested positive.
- Further, you are only able to return to work if you have been symptom free for at least 24 hours and your supervisor has agreed for you to return.
General COVID-safety reminders
- Please be vigilant with social distancing, hand washing, cleaning work spaces and mask wearing where required.
- Please do not just assume you have a cold. COVID symptoms may be very mild, and the isolation time is the same regardless of severity of symptoms. If you have any symptoms at all you should not attend a Vinnies site or undertake any work for the Society, unless you can work from home.
- We strongly encourage all of our people to have their booster shot.
- Further questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the COVIDSafe requirements for my workplace?