How the Community Fundraising and Events Team can help your Conference fundraise
COVID-19 has shown us that in order to maintain our level of local funding, we need to grow with the times and remain innovative in all that we do. The Community Fundraising and Events Team is available to assist you and your Conference in that so that you can continue to raise much needed funds locally and use that funding for your good works locally.
Please see below some ways in which we can work together.
1. Order your Christmas Appeal Envelopes
For those of you wanting to order envelopes for the 2020 Christmas Appeal, please email the following details to email@example.com:
- Quantity of envelopes needed
- Contact name that will accept the delivery
- Contact mobile phone of person accepting delivery
- Delivery address (cannot be a PO Box number)
- Name of the conference it is for
2. Albert Terminal Bookings
If your conference is keen to explore using Albert Terminals when collecting for the 2020 Christmas Appeal at your Parish then please:
- Register your interest via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speak with your church and get 1 and/or 2 weekends held for this activity
3. Shopping Centre Collections with Albert Terminals / Buckets
If your conference would like to undertake some local fundraising by collecting donations outside of all local Coles, Woolworths and Shopping Centres in your area, please approach them for approval now.
Using Albert Terminals in this way will allow members to collect donations towards the 2020 Christmas Appeal from shoppers and passing traffic.
If your conference would like to explore this activity in your area, please contact email@example.com so we can begin planning for November/December/January.
4. Personalised Conference Online Fundraising Page
We have recently completed the new Community Fundraising Website for all School and Community Fundraising activity within NSW. For those of you who are yet to use it, please take a look here: https://fundraise.vinniesnsw.org.au/.
This portal allows for us to create personalised fundraising pages for all Community and School Fundraising state-wide.
Also take a look at these links, these are fundraising pages that we created for the Rozelle and Forestville Conferences showing you an example of what we can do:
If your conference would like your own fundraising page created to assist in your efforts around the 2020 Christmas Appeal (or any other activity), please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
These links give your conference a personalised alternative to the general Christmas Appeal link. It will reflect your own activity, your own funds raised and serve as a great tool to include in all parish and conference communications online and via email (to local businesses, family and friends also).
5. The NSW Vinnies Community Sleepout – 23 October 2020
Off the back of the success of the Vinnies CEO Sleepout, our NSW Vinnies Community Sleepout is going virtual! On Friday the 23rd of October, participants across NSW will come together in a state-wide effort to raise important funds and awareness for those in our local community who need it the most.
We ask that you please assist us by encouraging your members, community, family and friends to register as well as promote the event to all within their networks. Tell them that by choosing to sleep out in their car, backyard or on their couch, vital funds can be raised while connecting them to some of the realities faced by those experiencing homelessness and disadvantage.
Registrations are now open at the following link so we ask that you spread the word and ask all in your networks to register in their nearest location: https://fundraise.vinniesnsw.org.au/nsw-vinnies-community-sleepout/
Click here for a message to our Members: https://mavs.vinnies.org.au/nsw-community-sleepout/
6. School Sleepouts, Community Sleepouts or Fundraise Your Way
As mentioned above, our new Community Fundraising Website is now live! https://fundraise.vinniesnsw.org.au/
- Do you have schools that fundraise for your conference via a Vinnies School Sleepout? Then tell them to head to the following link: http://fundraise.vinniesnsw.org.au/create-your-own-vinnies-school-sleepout/
- Do you have local businesses or community groups that fundraise for your conference via a Vinnies Community Sleepout? Then tell them to head to the following link: https://fundraise.vinniesnsw.org.au/create-your-own-vinnies-community-sleepout/
- Are there other events or fundraising activities that occur throughout the year in support of your conference which would benefit from having its own personalised fundraising page? Then head to the following link: https://fundraise.vinniesnsw.org.au/fundraise-your-way/
When a school, business or community group registers their fundraising activity on this site, they can nominate your conference as the recipient of their funds.
7. Is there something else that I have not mentioned above?
Please do not hesitate to email Katrina Ortolan, Manager of Community Fundraising and Events, via email@example.com or call her direct on 02 9568 0243 if there is a fundraising activity that you need help with that is not mentioned above.