Familiarise yourself with our standard emergency procedures, so that you are prepared if an emergency occurs.
Emergencies can occur at any time for a variety of reasons. Be prepared to respond independently, particularly when working alone or after-hours.
Notifying an emergency
- Is someone seriously injured or in need of urgent medical help?
- Is your life or property being threatened?
- Have you just witnessed a serious accident or crime?
If yes, call Triple Zero (000)
If you don’t need emergency services, but you do need help, alert others around you or notify the person in charge and ask for help.
Standard emergency response
- Warn anyone in immediate danger
- Alert others and raise the alarm
- Contain or manage the situation – if safe to do so
- Evacuate yourself and others – out of immediate danger to a safe place.
Emergency Plus App
Save the app that could save your life – Emergency Plus.
In an emergency, time and location accuracy are critical. By downloading the ‘Emergency +’ app, you’ll equip yourself with a powerful tool that will help you call Triple Zero (000) quickly, and allow you to accurately communicate your location to emergency call-takers.